View Single Post
Old 20th July 2014, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw View Post
Re 88 Films' slasher collection.

Firstly, Mother's Day is not a slasher film by any stretch of the imagination. Also, the Troma US blu is already out there, dirt cheap, region free and with a beautiful picture. Plus, it doesn't have an ugly numbered spine.

Then there's Graduation Day. Coming in September as a region free blu-ray/ DVD combo from Vinegar Syndrome, which boasts a 4k restoration.

Finally, I agree the fact that Unhinged is DVD only makes the numbered spine thing very undesireable.

Good luck to 88 Films, it's good to see such titles coming to the UK. But the only one I'd have bought would be Don't Go ... Were it not a load of rubbish.
I would argue wait and see.

I have the mothers day release already but whose to say it isnt the same transfer or even slightly imporved (as arrow have done with recent depalma films, ZFE and invasion of the body snatchers)
Vinegar syndromes release also sounds great but then lets here what 88 films are offering as i'm sure they are aware of this release already so maybe they will have access to the same transfer.

Do agree with the numbered spines issue but as for the quality of the releases i'd take a wait and see approach. If graduation day offers a similar transfer to vinegar syndromes i'll buy the uk release. If VS release is clearly better then thats the one i'll order.