View Single Post
Old 21st July 2014, 07:38 AM
Active Cultist

Just skipped through Battleground as there wasn't really anything I was too fussed about seeing. This post will be full of spoilers, though.

SPOILERS BEGIN

Disappointing to see the Usos retain their titles. Though the third pinfall was pretty cool. I do like the Usos, but they're starting to come across as a very one-dimensional team. Admittedly all the best tag teams have had their gimmicks, but I don't really care about their matches like I did at the start of their title run. Was looking forward to a change tbh.

Ambrose/Rollins was one match I was looking forward to, however I thought it was a bit of a cop-out to have the match cancelled like that. Especially when the follow-up brawl and outside events led nowhere. Keeps it going through to SummerSlam, I guess.

Paige/AJ Lee was a great match. I didn't know which way it would go. In a way I'm happy to see AJ retain, as it would've made her return pointless if Paige were to reclaim the title. Interested to see where their story goes now - especially with AJ and Tamina separated.

Y2J/Bray Wyatt I actually skipped through. Normally I'd be all up in a Wyatt match but I've not been fussed about this feud as I think they kind of stuffed up Jericho's return with The Miz.

I skipped through the IC Title Big Mac until it was just Ziggler and Sheamus left in the ring. Genuinely shat bricks of joy when Ziggler eliminated Sheamus. Paused it on Ziggler's face being all "OMFG WUT??" while I went to feed the dog, I was all happy thinking "finally, they're giving Ziggler a shot". Sat back down, wanted to see that elimination again. Replayed it. Happy again. Miz out of nowhere to win the title. Bugger.

Skipped the whole Fatal 4 Way as I knew Cena was going to win thanks to the epic cock-up a few weeks ago with the SummerSlam posters, which was then confirmed when Heyman approached Triple H on Raw to discuss a potential "Plan C".

SPOILERS END.