View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 06:29 AM
Active Cultist

I think it's partly because they kind of suck, and also partly because they're forced to sell stuff, but yeah I don't really like any of the commentary table at the moment.
PG King is a shadow of Attitude era King, he rarely says anything of worth now. Cole constantly makes really stupid mistakes, and JBL tries way too hard to be a heel commentator, that he just comes across as a bumbling idiot brown-noser.
Someone on my Facebook suggested that they need to bring up William Regal and Albert from NXT to provide a decent play-by-play commentary, and I'm inclined to agree. However (and I know it's his character, but still) Regal on NXT spends way too much time bigging up the British wrestlers, or ones who wrestle with a more old-school style, and completely overlooks some of the decent talent.
Sacking JR is a completely backwards step. To get people interested in the commentary again, they need someone with the passion that he has, who gets excited about what's happening in the ring regardless of who's in there. I've heard JBL and Cole talk about random crap during matches before, and you just didn't get that with JR.