View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 08:26 AM
Active Cultist

Watched Children of Men last night, i think thats my 4th time watching it, just decided my daughter should give it a go as she always moaning about the stuff her mum makes her watch, good news she really enjoyed it, even though i did have to explain some of the more complex themes to her. Having read the original book i can say there is very little surviving from that, just basic ideas and names other than that not a lot.

I love the dirty grimy feel to the film, its a perfect worn out london but with obvious technological advantages, but not thrown in your face. My main gripe is the cars used in the film which are obviously current to the time the film was made but with bits added to make them futuristic.

The "one take" action scenes for me are stunning i love the Car attack scence and the final battle too, really puts you in there with the charactors, Clive Owen is good in the fim, as is the actress who plays Kee and Micheal Cain as the Asphex Twin Loving pot head, for me the film could of been a bit longer but i generally find that with films i enjoy.

Anyhow for me this is a good film and ill enjoy watching it a few more times still.