Thread: PAUL NASCHY!
View Single Post
Old 27th July 2014, 03:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Right, I bought the box set for the Naschy films and the second film has come out.....in German and Spanish only.....SH*T!!
So instead of flogging it off on EBay I thought I'd fill it myself. Ha!
The boxset came with The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry, (In English! Which is why I thought the rest might be, go figure!) Looking through my collection I have the Bluray double bill of Night of the Werewolf / Vengeance of the Zombies and DVD's of The Hunchback of the Morgue, Horror Rises from the Tomb and Curse of the Devil.
So that is 5 discs (Surprised I had so many!! I have Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll as well but that is tied up in my Nasties collection.) which fills up half the box. They are also the only Naschy films I've seen so can you guys advise me on what else I can get that is good.
Should I go for a couple of more modern efforts like Panic Beats and Rottweiler or more classic Dracula's Great Love, Exorcismo, etc?
Please keep in mind that they have to be available to buy, as well....
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just noticed I also have The People Who Own the Dark, as well....!
Dracula's Great Love is a fine film but a ropey print, Panic Beats is very good and looks terrific. I like Exorcism, the BCI release has a fine transfer but it is in the end just an Exorcist rip off.

There's also Human Beasts as well from BCI which again looks splendid.