View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm sure others will mention more popular films and directors, so here's a few i love that aren't just as well known.

French Sex Murders (1972)

Not one of the best examples of the genre but a film i really enjoy. It stands out for being set in Paris rather than Italy and it's main hero is Robert Sacchi who was a professional Humphrey Bogart lookalike and adds some Chandler style noir to the genre. The film boasts some lively set pieces, some nasty eyeball murders courtesy of Oscar winner Carlo Rambaldi, all topped off with a fine bevy of Euro babes in Rosalba Neri, Evelyn Kraft, Barbara Bouchet and even Anita Ekberg.

The beautiful looking dvd is available on Region 1 via Mondo Macabro.

Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (1973)

Antonio Margheriti's film is a classic blend of Giallo and Gothic horror. Again it boasts a very good cast including Jane Birkin, Anton Diffring and Serge Gainsbourg. Highly atmospheric and the cat actually has something to do with the story. Margheriti really has an eye for Gothic design, creating gorgeous sets complete with cobwebbed rooms, gargoyles and rain swept nights. Highly recommended to fans of Gialli and Gothic horror alike.

Available via Region 1 dvd from Blue Underground.

Delirium (1972)

Absurdly sleazy and violent, Renato Polselli's film is a nightmarish vision of madness. Full of orgies and depravity the film stars Mickey Hargitay and the lovely Rita Calderoni and is unlike any other Giallo i can think of. One of the more extreme examples of the genre.

Again available via Region 1 dvd from Blue Underground.

Strip Nude for Your Killer (1975)

Edwige Fenech stars in Andrea Bianchi's extremely sleazy thriller. Packed with violence, and naked flesh, featuring the classic black gloved killer, Strip Nude For Your Killer isn't the best of the genre but it is a lot of exploitative fun and highly recommended.

Available from Shameless Films and Blue Underground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51YPXDC3HXL.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5134CHD2V4L.jpg (57.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51jm+OzIHZL.jpg (50.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51jR7-T26BL.jpg (56.8 KB, 0 views)