View Single Post
Old 12th September 2009, 06:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
Hi

Has anybody else seen Twin Peaks? I am currently watching it for the first time (I'm a big David Lynch fan) and I think it's superb. I have just finished watching the first season and have the full second season to watch now. I think it will be a strong contender for my favourite TV series of all time if it carries on the way it is currently going. It's basically set the standard for all TV series after it ended in my opinion and LOST is a 21st century Twin Peaks.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts and opinions on it? Please try and avoid any spoilers though as I haven't seen any of the second season so have no idea what to expect.

Thanks,
LineSix
I love Twin Peaks (both the series and the film), plus am a massive fan of Lynch's other work.

I bought the Definitive Gold Box Edition a few years ago, and even though I prefer the first series to the second they are both excellent. It's not just the Lynchian oddness that attracts me to it either, it's everything: the fantastic score by Angelo Badalamenti, the characters and the attention to detail in both the writing, and how the characters develop over the series. Great stuff.

I want to watch it again from start to finish now you've brought it up!