Thread: Retro gaming
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2014, 03:35 PM
Cult Master

Here's an old game for the ZX Spectrum!

I used to have it!!!!!

Qaop ? ZX Spectrum emulator online - Richard O'Brien's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

If you have trouble getting it to start, try leaving it a few seconds, then holding Enter down for a couple of seconds

After the first screen you get a very 80s Spectrum beep rendition of the Time-warp with subtitles, after which you can press Enter to start (or 1 to listen to it all again...). Then select 'B' or 'J' to play as either Brad or Janet. Mind you, I'm sure most of you will want to get Janet down to her underwear!

Press 'Enter' for keyboard play, which is: N is left, M is right, A is up, Z is down, and Space is 'pick something up or use it'.

If memory serves, what you're supposed to do is pick up the flashing things one by one, then between each pick-up run them to the cinema screen several screens along behind the curtain.

The other characters variously get in your way, pass your time quoting lines from the show, zap you dead, or steal your clothes (which stops you from pressing electric switches - health and safety in action). What happens when you fill up the cinema screen? I don't know, I haven't reached that yet, and I cannot remember from 30 years ago!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty