View Single Post
Old 19th August 2014, 09:37 PM
Active Cultist

So, SummerSlam..
Ziggler/Miz was a good, solid match. Absolutely chuffed to see Ziggler win (apparently when my mate placed bets with PaddyPower, they had Ziggler at 10-1 odds. Wish I'd known about that!)
AJ/Paige was good, too. I only hope now that they stop making Paige act like AJ as she's decent enough doing her own thing.
Swagger/Rusev lost me a bit, but only because they billed it as a flag match, which as far as I'm concerned should at least involve the flags more than having them outside the ring and not touched until someone wins the match. Considering Rusev flies the Russian flag as part of his victory celebrations anyway, it seemed a bit redundant billing it as anything other than a straight match. Was disappointed to see Rusev win, but after watching Raw it's clear the feud is over as he's now squaring up against Mark Henry, which could be great.
Wyatt/Jericho was a bit dull. I didn't really pay much attention to it. Happy to see Wyatt win though, even if it does mean Jericho's entire return will be feuding with Bray Wyatt.
Rollins/Ambrose was really good. Though the choice of lumberjacks was really odd. I'd have preferred to see half authority and half neutral 'jacks, as the ones they chose actually kind of highlighted the gaps in the billing - Usos were there, why weren't they defending their tag titles? Where is Sheamus? Is he on later? No he's not.
Brie/Steph was decent enough. Brie's clearly improved and Steph actually seemed to have trained quite hard for the match. Not a clue why Nikki had to turn against Brie though. I'd have rather seen someone like Alicia Fox (who's been present in many of Steph's antics of late) interrupt to build a feud there. There's more than 4 decent Divas in the WWE and it's a bit off that they're not using anyone.
Reigns/Orton was also a bit dull, but I knew it would be going in.
Cena/Lesnar was incredible. When Lesnar landed that first F-5, me and my mate nearly leaped out of our seats. I actually almost wanted it to end there and then. Nobody would have expected it. Still, the rest of the match lived up to that beginning hype. I'm surprised I actually enjoyed a Lesnar match.

Raw was a bit pants, though. Steph continued her mocking Daniel Bryan act, Nikki accused Brie of a load of stuff without any sense behind it (she seems to be blaming Brie for Steph tormenting her, and is getting back at her by teaming with Steph.. um..?), they unveiled the new WWE World Heavyweight Title belt - which is identical to the old WWE Championship belt, but with the "new" logo on it, a bunch of tag team matches (including an Usos/Rhodes Bros match that should have been a pre-show title match at SummerSlam tbh) that didn't really make any sense (Big Show/Mark Henry def. The Wyatts, Sheamus/RVD/Reigns def. Orton/RybAxel) and Paige lost to Natalya after AJ put her off.
On the plus side, Mark Henry called out Rusev (making his earlier tag match even more pointless, as he can't really team up with Big Show to overtake The Wyatts for the tag title contender spot if he's feuding in a singles match) and a decent re-match between Rollins and Ambrose (the earlier "What? It's for charity!" promo was hilarious) that was spoiled by the addition of Kane.

Only question now is - who will be up next against Lesnar for the title? Is he going to disappear for a few months again?