View Single Post
Old 15th September 2009, 01:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NossB View Post
The Jaguar and 3DO come from a dark era in gaming, the bit between the decline of the Megadrive/Snes and the release of the Playstation.

Atari, Panasonic/Trip Hawkins, Commodore, Phillips & Sega nearly caused the second great video games crash in that period by over-saturating the market with overpriced/underpowered hardware and the shovelware to play on it. The only good thing to come out of it was the final collapse of Atari, only fitting seeing as the caused the great video games crash of 1983.

As for Fight For Life a Virtua Fighter beater, have you ever played the original Virtua Fighter? Fight For Life was sluggish, had none existent collision detection and terrible 3d graphics. Time has told which game beat which, the Virtua Fighter series is on Virtua Fighter 5 ver B, whilst Fight For Life is mostly forgotten.

But then, don't just take my word for it.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm03.htm
Ach C 'mon Noss, you should know me well enough by now to know im having abit of a laugh . I got V Fighter packed with my Saturn so I know which is best. FFL was so bugged the homebrew comunity had trouble with it.
I was referring to Sam Trameil quote regarding Fight for life in GamesMaster mag Jaguar Special Ed.

The 3DO & Jaguar are special to me as they were out in a special time in my life .

They were my first consoles , apart from a SNES i owned for 4 days till I saw the 3DO & Jaguar running . AvP & 3DO FIFA . 3D looked impressive 'back in the day'.
To me they are the best as their era has some of my happiest memories.

True, alot of the games were shite, but alot were fun, to me at least , plus just because a console IS the best , dose'nt nessacary mean its gonna give the user the best time playing it.
Yes, i've a PS3 & 360 now, and I enjoy both, but the days of 'high scores' and games with digital sprites and FMV were special .
I dont want them back, I only want to say they were the best days of gaming for me, as they opened up a whole new world for me , and thinking back to those days makes me smile, and thats something I dont do much of today, so if something can make me happy just by thinking about it or watching it on U Tube then to me its the best , even though it was probably far from it. .

Todays consoles ARE superior, but power dose'nt equal fun.
Weres the hash difficulty and simple fun.? Remember Synicate and Canon Fodder.? Return Fire and Killing Time.? ..........happy times.

*Atari Jaguar has one of the largest home brew comunities in gaming.

Last edited by vipco; 15th September 2009 at 02:21 AM.