View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
PUNK IN AFRICA. A great look at the little known punk scene in Africa focussing mainly on South Africa. Whilst art school tossers in the UK were whinging on about apathy and boredom, this lot were risking arrest and imprisonment just for forming bands with both black and white members. Recommended.

BEWARE MR BAKER. Possibly the greatest drummer of rock proves he is one of the most damaged and damaging souls around. Unbelievable stuff, the man is pure scum and genius in one very gaunt frame. Highly recommended.

EAST END BABYLON. F*cking fantastic film about The Cockney Rejects that is also a social history of the East End of London. Great live footage and interviews plus loads of footage of mass violence as the Rejects kick shit out of people on and off stage! Highly recommended.
All duly noted sir. Am looking forward to the Rejects doc especially.

A few that I find myself watching a lot.

Flipper live 80-85 (Target Video dvd). The Grateful Dead of the 80s run through their moves. An acquired taste yes, but then so are Toto

Ramones Raw. Not so much for the main feature, which is just basically Marky's tour diary, but the French concert in the extras is a MUST for any Ramones fan. Joey looks like he's standing in a wind tunnel at one point, which always makes me smile.

Xenakis Electronic Works Volume 1. this is alternately beautiful and disturbing.....

TGV. The Gristle on film. Contains some of the most terrifying material in my collection, and also the prettiest.

I also have Big Black and Von dvdrs that I watch a lot......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]