View Single Post
Old 8th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Factory (2014)

Stranded in the middle of nowhere when their bus breaks down, a disparate group of people take shelter in a seemingly deserted backwater town. There they discover a small museum called the Death Factory, dedicated to serial killers - Gacy, Gein, Dahmer, Fish, the Zodiac Killer and Jack the Ripper. All hell breaks loose when supernatural forces resurrect the horror hall of fame and the travellers find themselves in a battle of survival in the Death Factory.

For a low budget chiller The Factory almost delivers the goods. It's very entertaining and has an original story line. Seeing the world's most notorious killers in one film is quite a novelty. The bus passengers are all sufficiently different to the normal slasher fodder and on the whole the acting is pretty competent. Quite nasty in places, the film opens with a genuinely horrific attack on a woman, the camera work going all Fulci on our ass as it lovingly gazes at her gushing arteries. From then on we are occasionally treated to savagery and gory blood on breast nudity but perhaps not enough when you consider the film's subject matter. Possibly it was a case of ideas and concept exceeding the film making funds.

This is only a minor grumble though as The Factory was a thoroughly entertaining horror film and like recent favourite Stitchface stands head and shoulders above the crowded supermarket shelves of low budget dross.
Been waiting for you to review this since I saw your post in the Bought thread, might have to give this a shot next time I'm in ASDA
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!