View Single Post
Old 11th September 2014, 10:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Took a trip to Oldenburg this evening to see a couple of films at the International Film Festival currently underway.

First up was the Dutch film Wolf about a young Morrocan immigrant living in the projects of an unnamed Dutch city. He has a difficult family life and gets by through theft and drug dealing while at the same time trying to make a career as a kick boxer. A fantastic film that manages to succeed even though the main character is not immediately likeable.

The second film, Bag Boy, Lover Boy is probably best described as low budget and experimental. Its the only film that I was disappointed to miss at Fantasia so I was very pleased to see it on the Oldenburg roster. I wasn't disappointed. Its a character study following a young hot dog seller who becomes embroiled with a seedy photographer who wants to involve him as a model in making art. This will not be to everybody's taste, but if you like your cinema on the transgressive side this might be right up your street.

I'll head back tomorrow evening to see Lost Soul, which many of you already had the opportunity to see at Fright Fest. Then its on to Hamburg on Saturday for Fantasy Film Fest.