View Single Post
Old 19th September 2014, 09:37 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who will return for Season 9 in 2015, following a Christmas special in December 2014.

Jenna Coleman: “They start filming [Season 9] in January.”

Peter Capaldi: “…we’re starting to have conversations about next year and I’m like ‘There are some amazing things coming along there!’ – Steven is telling me and I’m like, ‘Wow! Yeah!’ We’ve got some great ideas coming for 2015.”

Mark Gatiss: “…I do have a preference for historical stories. But I would love to do one set in the future. ”

Steven Moffat: “[The return of River Song will] now be story-driven. If we’ve got an idea that she fits perfectly then there’s no reason why we can’t do it, but I quite liked where we got to at the end of ‘The Name of the Doctor’, with him saying goodbye to her. So we’ll see.”

Neil Gaiman: “…I haven’t done an episode set on Earth yet, and I haven’t created a new monster. So there are boxes left to tick. And there’s part of me that feels… I haven’t scared anybody yet. I’d love to do something that sends adults behind the sofa too and makes them wee. Pools of wee.”

Christmas 2014 special

Written by Steven Moffat.

Directed by Paul Wilmshurst.

Air date: Thursday 25 December 2014*.

Filming begins: Monday 8 September 2014.

Main cast: Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and Jenna Coleman as Clara.

Guest cast: Nick Frost as Santa Claus*, Dan Starkey as Strax*.

Episode 12 2015 series

Written by Steven Moffat.

Steven Moffat: “I’ve figured out the cliffhanger to the penultimate episode of [Season 9]. And it’s a whopper. Ohh, I don’t think you’ll see this coming!”

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty