View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 10:45 AM
Cult Addict

I'm with Dem on this, one of my favourites so far.
To be honest i wasn't expecting much, for a start it kinda annoys me when we have old vehicles floating in space etc, like the Christmas one with the shark, or titanic/bus etc, i keep thinking that they're not aerodynamic (but i'm fine with a blue box floating around, so go figure )
The title didn't sound promising either, (dinosaurs on a spaceship,anyone), Frank Skinner and some pop tart, i was expecting car crash TV.
But as soon as it started i was drawn in, the direction seemed quite atmospheric and tight, the ticking clock was a nice touch and gave those scenes a sense of urgency.
Thought Frank Skinner was ok,(i'm not a fan) but he played his character perfectly well and seemed respectful of the story. Foxes blended in as a cameo but didn't distract from the story and didn't have any lines. (thank F**K!!!)
The setting was suitably claustrophobic and everyone acted well i thought, especially liked the woman who hated her nan(?), Clara did well and there was some nice atmospheric lighting in these scenes.
The mummy was great as it advanced slowly on the doomed passengers, really nice design.
Capaldi was good too,keeping everything flowing and working out the solution as the time ticked down, especially liked his speech on the beach at the end.
Oh and that Micky clone mr Pink was kept out of the way too.
So all in all i thought it was good all round.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.