View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 01:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

What a bunch of prudes.

I take it you all watch the "clothed US versions" of Paul Naschy's films then?

Sex and nudity is a staple of horror especially Gothic horror which i love. Do people seriously think The Vampire Lovers, Vampyres, etc would be superior viewing without the titilation that "distracts" you so much? Perhaps Linda Hayden, Ingrid Pitt, Yutte and others should have worn polo necks, would The Blood on Satan's Claw have been half as memorable over the years without Hayden's full frontal strip in front of The Master, er' sorry the vicar.

Sex has been linked with horror since Stoker wrote Dracula, eroticism has been part of the genre for ever.

Some slasher films work very well without couples on the make i agree, but you watch any doc or read any article on the genre and sex is an integral part of it, Jason Vorhees was born to kill lust filled teenagers, even Michael Myers became as he is because he caught people shagging.

You remove that annoying nudity from Ursula Andress in Mountain of the Cannibal God and you lose the whole film.

Take From Beyond is the sight of Barbara Crampton in S&M gear so bad? Does it detract from the rest of the movie? Or is it the most talked about and well remembered scene in the whole film?

I won't even begin with our family favourite Giallo's.

For God's sake Edwige!...put some clothes on....you're ruining the film for Cult Labbers.