View Single Post
Old 17th October 2014, 09:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Grew up watching BBC2 saturday night double bills of the the old Universal horrors looking forward to finding out what was going to be on the following week. Got our first VHS around the same time that 'The Day After' was first screened on British TV, it was the first film that I recorded on good old tape! Had a collection of two movies, the previously mentioned one and 'Firefox' before we had a burglary and gone was my precious collection. Nevermind! We got a new tape player and started renting movies from the infamous 'man in a van' most of what we rented I kind of forgotted now, 'Terror Eyes' was one that my Dad rented and he complained thinking that it had been labelled wrong and should have been called 'Terrorize'. Xtro was one that I kept asking for having seen the poster in a London underground station. But the guy always said that said tape was taken by the police. Eventually I started collecting Redemption VHS, mainly for the amount of female flesh that was on offer, and it was here that I discovered Jean Rollin and Jess Franco. The Rollin ones were as wierd as hell but I quite enjoyed them. But as the 80's became the 90's my tape collection, (both pre-recorded and off of the TV) just exploded I was recording everything from TV shows to Mini-series). Then DVD came along and I had to make room for this new wonder and so the tapes went....some I should have kept such as two pre-cert Naschy movies 'Werewolf Shadow' and 'Werewolf Vs The Yeti' For a long time I was just watching mainstream movies then a chance encounter with a Fopp Halloween sale and some discs that were curiously in yellow boxes caught my eye and I was hooked again, from there I found this place and from there my collection now includes all sorts of weird and wonderful items....