View Single Post
Old 18th October 2014, 02:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Being in Australia, Halloween isn't really celebrated over here. There's always some kids that will go and knock for candies but not too many. Houses don't get decorated, People don't really take notice of it. So dressing up in a Halloween costume, There's not many times it's really happened in my life. I remember we went in my early teens a few times. Just to goof around, but the costumes were simple. For example, I remember one year I just threw on one of those beanies with dreadlocks stitched into it, tied some bandanas around my wrists and stuck a piece of cut garden hose into the side of a small plastic milk bottle...I was Bob Marley that Halloween but that's not the story I wanted to tell. The main Halloween costume story I remember from when I was a little kid was when I was going to a Halloween party. I was probably 5 or 6. I was in the cub scouts and they were throwing a halloween get together. So I decided my costume would be a MUMMY. I wanted to be dressed up as the original walking dead (of course at that age I didn't really know what a Mummy was). So a few hours before the party, My mother started helping me put on my costume. She had bought medical bandages and was wrapping them around my whole body and adding red food colouring in patches to look like blood. It was great! I loved it! I was so excited to be going as a Mummy. Next thing, my older sister walks out to us and says "What if he needs to go to the toilet". I froze. I started getting nervous. I think my mother was just like, He'll be okay. But in that moment, Just the thought made me need to go! So I started wriggling. My mother kept wrapping. Finally I said, "No, I can't have this. I will need to pee!". So she quickly unwrapped me and I ran to the bathroom. After that I just changed into a playtime army outfit i had. It was really disappointing. I really wanted to be a Mummy and I was upset that I didn't get to be.