View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just finished watching the latest episode of the Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways TV series. Great series, with each episode showing the band record a different track from the album of the same name in a different city, featuring Dave Grohl interviewing notable musicians from said city and getting one or two of them to guest on the track.
The latest episode was Seattle, so obviously Grunge and Sub Pop records feature heavily. It even brought a tear to my eye hearing everyone reminisce about Kurt Cobain's death, made me remember that I'd literally just learnt how to play Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box on guitar a week before he died.
This got me thinking how different my life would be right now if I hadn't picked up a guitar in January 1994 and thought "I'm gonna teach myself how to play this thing!". I certainly wouldn't be in a rock band or working in a studio for an independent record label as their main producer/engineer!

Anyway, enough of the deep shit!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!