View Single Post
Old 9th December 2014, 02:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Personally, I love the original Nekromantik (as you can probably guess since Arrow's limited edition release arrived yesterday). Although it's certainly an acquired taste... admittedly a wry smile creeps onto my face whenever I think about the people who have blind bought the set and will be watching it for the first time.
I have never seen this either, but I pre-ordered it. Majority of what I buy are blind buys, because it's really the only way for me to see new things besides the cinema. I haven't watched movies from TV much (or at all) since DVDs came to be, because I don't want movies to be butchered. At least in Finland we suffer from bad PQ/AQ, incorrect aspect ratio, and most of all by making new cuts to the film, by going to commercial mid-scene and then returning to the movie from the next scene. It's terrible.

Nowdays there's also of course Netflix, but streaming quality inconsistent and it's still far from Blu-ray quality. Plus you never know how long something you want to watch is available.

Physical media is just so much more awesome than anything else. It's been a very rare occasion that I buy something I absolutely despise.