View Single Post
Old 19th January 2015, 10:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Guest 2014.

Excellent enjoyable & One to re-watch many times I'm sure definately the best film of 2014 for me,zavvi's steelbook is a treasure. I expect most have seen this but if not check it out very intelligent and fun.

Psychomania

I first saw this in the 90's on late night BBC1 in which it regularly appeared over 2-3 years then was never shown again. Always loved it as silly as it is. Beryl Reid turns herself into a frog to stop Nicky Henson & his deadly undead bikers ruining peoples lives,nonsical fun which I'll always enjoy. Severins DVD is a great package. June Brown makes an appearance aqs a weeping mother. It's ok Love it could nbe worse ins
tead of a dead daughter you could have John Altman as a son! (Oh I say).

Dark House

Lesley Ann Down has lowered herself even further if that was possible after sunset beach, & the Tobin (saw) geezer looks like Russell brand in 20 years. a film with a good idea that really fails on every level to actually action it. Boring unoriginal & not as good as some reviews led me to believe. A film where someone can see how someone is going to die in advance could & should have been a very scary/excellent plot but this film fell on it's knees within 15 minutes.

Southern Comfort

Shout Factory Blu

Enjoyable war/horror film about some trainee exercise gone wrong when a smart arse guard takes pot shots at Brion James who manages to not "Look" as psychotic as usual yet still is, oh he also seems to not understand english & not appreciate his boats doing tours of the jungle.

Thiu Shalt not kill Except.

The team behind Evil Dead & Intruder make this film a good but not Excellent experience. It does not contain the enjoyment of the other 2,the acting is beyond poor & the humour aspect unneeded as it doesn't work. But I still enjoyed this Synapse Blu Ray. Certainly not a bad film,but nowhere near in the league of the other 2 spiegal/Raimi ventures.

Body Bags

John Carpenter drinks formaldehyde whilst introuducing 3 tales of madness about the corpses in his morgue. This 1993 anthology boasts many big names putting in cameos,and mostly works well. The first story is excellent yet predictable from the minute the new worker starts at the "gas station"

The second is silly fun.

The third is certainly the most brutal,but again is nothing new.

still a fantastic film.