View Single Post
Old 19th February 2015, 10:25 AM
Cultist

Yeah I use "unblock us" for DNS access to the US netflix on all the xboxes and PS3 in the house. There's a bunch of stuff on uk that isnt on US but it really is like comparing the corner shop to a warehouse isn't it.

I don't think it's a shafting thing though, of you look at how many US subscribers they'll have compared to UK they have to be economical in what they choose to licence. They know about the DNS way of accessing and said they aren't gonna stop it (like the studios want them to do) so they're allowing any one that has the cunning to circumvent what they have to do by the studios.

Netflix is great for the movie lover but their apps are absolutely rubbish. Someone mentioned the cold hard number of how many titles they have but there's no way of browsing them properly without searching for a specific title or director etc. On the Amazon streaming app (or site) you can pick a genre and scroll right until you're sick of looking at movie posters. Everything is buried on Netflix. I wish they spent some money improving it.