View Single Post
Old 9th March 2015, 02:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Season one is basically four obnoxious arseholes (three men one woman) who own a bar and get into all sorts of messed up antics (titles such as Charlie Wants An Abortion, The Gang Get Racist, Charlie Gets Molested hint at the tone). Four become five from season two onwards with the addition of Danny De Vito's character Frank and amazingly it gets even more screwed up. Characters get addicted to crack, find a baby in a dumpster and make Lethal Weapon six. One, Charlie, writes a rock opera which has to be seen to be believed.

Personally I think its the funniest show on TV, although some don't like season one. Each episode is around 25 minutes long.
I always tell people to stick it out, I always liked season one but I've found, like you, others don't but it does go from strength to strength, I think some of the better episodes have come from the last few seasons.

The thing I like about it is there isn't a chance in hell you'll like any of the characters, obviously they're entertaining but they are the worst bunch of people ever, so many shows have to include likeable characters, people to empathise with but here it's just all bad.

The struggle is getting people past season 1, I think it is important to watch for background.