View Single Post
Old 7th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
A few documentary recommendations from me...

The Bridge - despite the morbid subject (exploring the back stories of those throwing themselves off Golden Gate Bridge over a 12 month period), this is a compelling and, at times, ironically life affirming documentary. There is still something strange and disturbing about watching the real-life emotional turmoil of someone making the last decision they'll ever take but there's no denying the power of this documentary.

Best Worst Movie - the story behind the supposed worst movie ever made, 'Troll 2' (for the record, I have seen much worse!). Good-humoured and entertaining, this is one of the best films about a film I have seen! The scenes featuring Claudio Fragasso, who clearly doesn't get the 'joke', are priceless.

I think We're Alone Now - a sobering study of obsession, with the fact that the subject of this obsession is 80s singer Tiffany adding to the absurdity!! The 2 individuals covered in this film undoubtedly have a multitude of psychological issues, which makes this feel a bit voyeuristic at times but it's still an absorbing account about the way obsessions, no matter how 'ridiculous' they may seem to the outside world, can dominate lives.

Murder on a Sunday Morning - a wonderful documentary exposing corruption in the American legal system, this covers the arrest and trial of an innocent black teenager for the murder of a tourist in Florida. This is really edge-of-the-seat stuff throughout.

... there are many more but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind!
Thanks a million for these ill check them out