View Single Post
Old 8th April 2015, 03:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
The first two Silent Hill games are perfect examples of how to make a horror game. Condemned for the Xbox 360 was another game that kept you on the edge of your seat chasing down a serial killer. Silent Hill is always spoken about but Condemned is criminally over looked.
I agree with you Nord, The Condemned is very overlooked i enjoyed that game and actually found it to be quite tense.

I have a few games i enjoy/enjoyed on release that actually had the ability to scare me.

Clock Tower - This game puts you up against 'The Scossorman' a creepy point and click adventure that has aged relativly well since it's release on PS1 - i would get a guide for the game if you haven;t played it as you can have many endings depending on your score, well worth your time.

Anna - the extended edition on PC/PS3 - this game is a mind screw - i can't explain what it is but it had my jumping out of my chair. look it up and enjoy the mental nightmare that follows the title screen. haha

The Suffering - i loved this game and when it was released on the PS2 it was gritty and like condemned on the xbox360 it was tense at points. also lots of gory creatures to keep you running for your life.

Resident Evil - Most people have an opinions on this game but very few have actually completed it - I can;t stress enough that you should play this game and enjoy its jump scares which still work today. it also has a HD release for modern systems so you can enjoy those scares in hi def.

I haven't complete Silent Hill but i have enjoyed the game to the point i got to and it is ascreepy as anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-Clock_Tower_1_Game.jpg (22.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg RESIDENT_EVIL.jpg (92.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg thesuffering_ps2box.jpg (53.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg annacover_0.jpg (102.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Vipp; 8th April 2015 at 05:29 PM.