View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2015, 01:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
OK here's my view on things I could be wrong. Dr Waddell seemed to be dining on sour grapes . He seemed annoyed pesky old Arrow had'nt heeded his film recommendations how very dare they. I dunno maybe at the time arrow was knee deep in negotiations with mgm at the time or pursuing other things but he aint the head of arrow so they can do what they like. Secondly it seemed he was saying oh arrow only want horror titles now that 88 have been doing well with em, which does'nt hold weight with me as arrow has always had their dirty fingers in the horror pie. They now bring out a wider range genres but are still bringing out new horror titles. And its a free market two quality labels bringing out similar films is a win /win for the fans. I think the doctor may sadly a victim of his own ego, i remember him sulking about empire's review for his robocop book but forgetting to say he was author. Egotism seems to an ailment quite a few british cult film critics/experts suffer from, to be paid to write about films you love and meet your heroes . They should count themselves lucky. Anyhoo the original post disapeared as people apparently misread it and he was'nt trying to start a label war. Things seemed to get a bit nasty on facebook as not everyone is as nice as us labbers. anyway thts my tuppence worth
Get a grip. It is comments like this that make me glad to be leaving this behind.