View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 12:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
It's fair game if it's a discontinued look. At least 88 is going after stuff that Arrow won't (LIVE LIKE A COP, HITCH-HIKE), or rather, won't until someone else has and has covered enough ground for there to be some interest.

I don't dislike Arrow and continue to buy its releases but, as I've mentioned elsewhere before, it's hardly an innovative company - a few of the highbrow releases aside, much of what it has been putting out in the last couple of years is tried and tested, there's little in the way of risk when you're releasing titles that have sold well for US companies like Criterion, Shout! and Twilight Time.

At least the likes of our own 101 and 88 is pushing the envelope by going after stuff that's yet to have an HD release anywhere else. Hats off to them for that, I say.
I also buy the releases I want and don't already have from another company (unless they are much improved) which makes 88 Films' releases more likely to be purchased because Anthropophagous, Zombi Holocaust, Burial Ground, Night Train Murders (with Italian audio), Blastfighter, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers etc are more appealing than Mona Lisa, Videodrome or Rollerball.