View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 12:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I went for MONA LISA (in the set with LGF) because I didn't have it on Blu-ray and, by all accounts, the transfers of both are supposed to be great but I'm totally with you, Nos - I buy 85-90% of TT's releases, I buy a lot of Kino, Shout! and Criterion releases too, so there's almost never any need to double dip as those companies are releasing product of a generally high standard to begin with.

You really can't fault Arrow for its effort in producing quality a/v these days, it's just a shame that a lot of their work does seem to be cashing-in on the hard efforts of others who've taken a risk - and without having to resort to crowd-funding projects, either
I don't have the money for Twilight Time, I have to wait for other companies to release the films on Blu-ray, but generally buy as many Criterion releases as possible, particularly in sales, which makes Videodrome less of a must-buy release.

I'll probably buy the Mona Lisa & Long Good Friday double pack because I don't have Mona Lisa on a legitimate DVD, let alone BD, with the one I have being which was free with a newspaper and LGF is one of my favourite British films. Others, like Coffy, aren't top of the list of titles to buy, so I'll probably pick those up in the next sale.