View Single Post
Old 20th October 2009, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
As well as THE MONSTER CLUB & TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS though they are hardly classics they have their fans.You've also forgot one of my favourite Italian anthologies (If they count here) BLACK SABBATH which is highly recommended.
As mentioned earlier the first tale featured in BS ('The Telephone') is pretty mundane but 'The Wurdalak' and 'A Drop Of Water' are brilliantly done. Great atmosphere in the former and the twisted expression on the ghost's face in the latter is quite chilling.

I like the last story in TMC with Stewart Whitman fighting for his life against a group of demonic villagers and TTWM wasn't bad either.

It's been a while since i've seen TFTC and TVOH but i've got MGM's double-bill DVD and look forward to revisiting both entries.
I'll have to grab the R2 version of FBTG too sooner rather than later.

Personally i enjoy Creepshow (especially 'Something To Tide You Over.'), The House That Dripped Blood (John Pertwee is superb in this!) and Dr.Terror's House Of Horrors with old pro Christopher Lee coming under attack by Michael Gough's disembodied hand!
Cracks me up everytime this segment!!

Also, what about unsung anthology After Midnight? Pretty good if i remember rightly.