View Single Post
Old 16th June 2015, 08:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Really have no enthusiasm for this. Why they have to keep churning out tepid re-workings of classic movies is beyond me. Look how bad the new Fri 13th and Elm Street films were. Surely they notice shit like that?

I'd prefer them to go back to the concept of Halloween 3, where the idea was to have a different horror appear every Halloween, where the possibilities and stories could be boundless with perhaps a central thread of the original evil flowing through. That idea was shelved though when audiences wanted to see more of Mad Mike. Pity.
Agreed.

Whilst we usually do see one (or a few) new horrors appear around Halloween time, they're usually low budget DTV cash-ins lying forgotten on the shelves of supermarkets. Anything actually hyped up or marketed is usually a remake, sequel or tired re-tread targeted at the jump-scare crowd. Some originality would be nice for a change. I can't remember getting excited about a new Halloween film since 2007's Trick 'r Treat... and that was a rarity after a long dry spell.