View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Jurassic-World-The-Game.jpg

I remember going to see Jurassic Park in the cinema all those years ago with my uncle and my cousin it was an amazing experience and growing up loving everything dinosaur related this was the ultimate film bringing it all to life. I do enjoy the other two films in the series but they could never capture the magic of the original so when a Jurassic World was announced I got nervous it could could anyway good bad or great only time would tell. As soon as the first trailer was shown my worries for this film disappeared it looked amazing apart from the Raptors I was very suspicious of that. My girlfriend LOVES Jurassic Park more than anyone I have ever known so not only did I have to worry that my own expectations would not be met but I also had to worry that my girlfriends heart would be broken if they made a balls of this film. The pressure was on when the big day came.

As soon as the film began with the baby dinosaur breaking through the egg I felt relieved I could feel just by the look if it that it was going to be ok right off the bat we could both sit back and relax and just go along for the ride and what I ride it would be. It felt like we were in a time machine going back 20 years to when we were kids the excitement of seeing all the different species roaming about the park how they interacted with their surroundings and the humans coming to see them. They really did a great job of mixing the old familiar feel of Jurassic Park but not over relying on it to the point where they were afraid to to give us something fresh and new that we had not seen before. There is plenty of nostalgia here but just enough to make you feel comfortable in your surroundings but not comfortable enough that you dont need to peep around every corner just in case something is lurking and waiting for you.

I wont go into detail about the film to avoid any spoilers no matter how small. The less you know the better and more enjoyable the surprises throughout the film. One thing I will say as I know a lot of people were worried about the Raptors but I found that it worked very well and it make sense and serves a purpose to the overall plot. It felt good to be back in the park and the music still gave my goosebumps all these years later.

Film 8/10
Feelings of nostalgia 10/10