View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 07:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

sleepawaycamp.jpg

After her involvement in a horrific accident which claimed the lives of her father and little brother Angela is sent to live with her Aunt Marta and cousin Ricky. Angela is a very traumatised child and when she reaches her teenage years her aunt sends her and her and Ricky to summer camp to try and get Angela out of here shy and introvert shell. What better place to send an already fragile teenager than to a summer camp where horny teenage men strut around camp all day wearing shorts made for 2 years olds and one glance is enough to count the wrinkles in their very uncomfortably strangled ball bags

It does not take long for Angela to become the target of the cool girls in the camp because of her unwillingness to take part in any of the camps activities or even talk to any of the other girls in her bunkhouse. The only people Angela feels comfortable and safe with are her cousin Ricky and his best pal Paul. Ricky is constantly coming to Angelas rescue from the girls the boys and even the camps chef who like the young girls a little too much. So when the bodies start to stack up the prime suspect is Ricky but with so many strange and self obsessed characters could it really be that straight forward ?

Before I watched this over the weekend it had been a good few years since I last watched it and I could only really remember the final scene which I am sure anyone who has seen Sleepaway Camp will never forget. After watching it again the film has a lot more going for it than just that one shocking scene. Yes its for the most part a run of the mill horny teens at a summer camp getting killed but it is fun and it has a very unique twist which for me I loved. Not everyones cup of tea but it will be one that will get repeat viewings in the future. I find it to b a really fun film with some interesting kills.

Before I watched it my girlfriend said I saw this so like a fool I asked her what she taught of the end to which she said I dont remember that i must of been thinking about a different film. Sort of ruined her first time viewing of the film not shock twist for her

7/10