Thread: Dolph Lundgren
View Single Post
Old 25th October 2009, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I wasn't aware of another UniSol entry and here's hoping it's as good as the first film.
Never intended to see the two stv sequels and Universal Soldier:The Return just didn't do it for me.

Dark Angel isn't too bad but i've went right off Lundgren's rendition of The Punisher.
The last two film versions of Marvel's veteran vigilante were better imo.

I believe dear 'ol Dolph is actually something of a linguist apparently capable of speaking twelve different tongues.
I also recall perusing that he possesses a degree in chemistry and was a two-time knockdown champion in Kyoshinkai Karate.

When Universal Soldier received it's theatrical premiere wasn't there a potential public punch-up between Van Damme and Lundgren? Allegedly, the two action stars were walking up a flight of stairs together when members of the media heard shouting between the pair leading to an apparent brief bust-up of the physical kind.

I'm not sure if the above is all true but i can remember reading something about this squabble in the papers.