View Single Post
Old 28th October 2009, 07:29 PM
Active Cultist

Default The Abel Ferrara Thread

Hi

Another discussion thread has inspired me to make the following suggestions.

Basically, Abel Ferrara as a director is very underrated in my opinion, although it can be said that he is one of those 'love him or hate him' kind of people in terms of the films he makes, a cult director then really.

But he is one of my favourite director's and I think his work should be more readily available, especially in the UK. Or the editions that are currently available in the UK could be improved upon, with better restorations and more extras.

Although I do realise that his films aren't really exclusive to any particular genre, he's made all sorts of films, from the well-known video nasty 'The Driller Killer', exploitation classic 'Ms.45: Angel of Vengeance' to the gangster classics 'King of New York' and 'The Funeral' and then his other maverick productions such as 'Bad Lieutenant' and the quite surreal vampire film, 'The Addiction'.

His catalogue is pretty vast so there is lots to choose from, you could go with more well-known titles or less-known titles that aren't readily available here in the UK.

So, yeah, just a suggestion that I thought I would put out there for you guys.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
LineSix