View Single Post
Old 8th September 2015, 08:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm always up for new films to watch that are set at or around Halloween so if anyone has any ideas feel free to mention them here.
I haven't seen it myself (I do want to check it out), but Tales of Halloween, an anthology style film from a few noticeable horror names (including Darren Lynn Bousman, Neil Marshall and Lucky McKee) sounds like it could be interesting.

Tales of Halloween (2015)

Quote:
Ten stories are woven together by their shared theme of Halloween night in an American suburb, where ghouls, imps, aliens and axe murderers appear for one night only to terrorize unsuspecting residents.
It sounds a little like Trick 'r Treat - which can't be a bad thing.

IMDb: Tales of Halloween (2015) - IMDb

Murder Party is one I rate quite highly... although it's arguably more of a dark comedy than a straight-up horror film but still contains elements.

Murder Party (2007)

Quote:
A random invitation to a Halloween party leads a man into the hands of a rogue collective intent on murdering him for the sake of their art, sparking a bloodbath of mishap, mayhem and hilarity.
There's also Lesson of Evil, which would certainly fit the Halloween template, however I know you're not a massive fan of Asian horror... not that it's really straight-up horror either. I watched it for the first time last Halloween and really enjoyed it - it has a manically gleeful edge to it and I couldn't not mention it.

Lesson of Evil (2012)

Quote:
A popular high school teacher concocts an extreme plan to deal with the rise of bullying and bad behavior among the student body.
Maybe we should start an unconventional/alternative Halloween films thread.