View Single Post
Old 19th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
What does everyone think....was the hype of fainting,vommiting all real,or was it Warner's huge marketing machine behind it all?

Was anyone lucky enough to experience it when first released on the big screen?
I remember my parents telling me about when they went to the cinema to see it. My father was obsessed with horror and was always tricking my mother into going to see them telling here it was a western of gangster film. They said it was one of the most terrifying nights of their lives. The whole cinema was terrified.

My father was actually working the night shift after they watched The Exorcist and he had to walk to work straight from the cinema and my mother had to sleep in the flat they lived in at the time alone. The factory my father worked in was at the edge of town where there was no houses back then so more or less country side. He saw someone in the distance but the figure disappeared when he go to where the figure was a guy he worked with was standing in the trees smoking a fag and said i taught that was you so i waited to walk to work with you. My father said he almost collapsed