View Single Post
Old 5th November 2015, 12:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I've only seen the first series of The Walking Dead. I'll start on series 2 when i've finished series 1 of Grimm.

The problem it might have and i say this only after reading comments on here regarding people's complaints is that there's only so much you can actually do with zombies. After all they are dead and don't really do much at all, also what they can do has been explored in so many other films, new ideas will be difficult to come by.

The characters are what makes a show such as this, the zombies are really only the background to how the characters play off each other.

It was great adding Norman Reedus to the mix in the third episode as the whole thing was starting to feel tired so quickly. Taking the action to the Centre for Disease Control and adding Noah Emmerich to the story also made it more interesting as suddenly characters faced a dilemma of whether to stay and die or move on and also possibly die.

It's all a lot better than Grimm which i'm really struggling with. It's all very much monster of the week without much in the way of character development. I am expecting it to improve though as it's just begun it's fifth season last week.