View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:17 AM
Blogs Moderator

Our version of New york Ripper has the advantage of a better print and the scenes have been restored to the correct orginal order, a first on DVD, so, you lose a few seconds (19 seconds, the BBFC site is wrong!) but gain a lot more. Myself, I have the Anchor Bay US edition already so having both works for me...I'll watch the shameless one for clarity of image and plot and If I want to see the full nipple slicing I can pop the US disc in.

As Vipco have demonstrated, you can release films despite the strictures of the BBFC, which have mellowed recently. Vipco released sliced up prints with ropedy transfers in hideous sleeves and made a lot of sales to boot. Most things we release will be uncut and when thy aren't we will give fair warning here so no one has the wool pulled over their eyes. With something like NYR, it important to get it out there in a form that is pretty much in tact (In comparison to a film with similar queasy content like House on the Edge of the Park that is missing over 10 minutes!!!) because it's historically important as part of underground horrors history. fulci is one of my heroes so getting his most notorious release on UK shelves is a real kick!