Thread: Episode 693
View Single Post
Old 12th January 2016, 08:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyns_mole View Post
Thanks for the welcome there.

Here is a copy of what Wikipedia says of Episode 693.

Episode 693 was a fan-made new episode of the series which was exhibited at a 1995 "Prisoner: Cell Block H" convention in Durham in the UK. The convention was organised by the editors of "The Block", the now defunct unofficial fanzine, which ran from 1993-1998. Episode 693 featured Joan Ferguson, Dennis Cruikshank, Erica Davison, Lizzie Birdsworth, Myra Desmond, Bobbie Mitchell, Reb Kean, Frank Burke, Barbara Fields, Vera Bennett and Joyce Barry. The storylines centred around Vera Bennett's incarceration inside Wentworth after being convicted of fraud at Barnhurst, and her attempts to escape in a hot air balloon with the help of Barbara Fields. The Freak uses Reb to sell acid pills to the women disguised as smarties and Top Dog Myra ends up being chucked into the washing machine by Reb and Frank. Bobbie and Lizzie's booze-making hi-jinks come to a sticky end for Barbara when the whole lot explodes in a fire bomb, just as Vera is making her escape!

Oh how I wish to see this episode!!!!!!!
I was one of the cast. I played Frank Burke but we had to change all the names because of copyright. So I was Fred Banks instead. There was Bobbie Mitchins, Derek Cockshaft I think, lemon lips instead of Vinegar Tits. The steam press was two ironing boards hinged together with aerosols for steam. We couldn't have been more than 16 yrs old at the time.

My character got locked in a shed at the end with another prisoner. Its all a very long time ago.

I remember a weird dream sequence with ferguson selling drugs to prisoners. I remember they mostlt spoke in geordie accents lol. Yeah there was a hot air balloon escape.

The credits said "A Grumpy Organisation Production".

I think Graham, the lad who seemed to be running it, had gotten some shit off Grundy about it.

The end product was terrible but as I say we were all really really young, and it was good fun to do. But I think people were expecting some long lost episode. It was shown at the convention and I recall people walking out.