View Single Post
Old 27th January 2016, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Started reading The Exorcist again last night, I've lost count how many times I've read it since the first time 20 years ago. Me reading this book at school at the ripe old age of 12 caused my English teacher(the gorgeous Miss Lloyd) to call my parents to see whether or not they knew their son was reading such a horrific book in her English class, the answer being "yes, he doesn't like the usual stuff that 12 year olds do" ha ha, I think that's when people started keeping a close eye on me just in case my head spun round!
Just finished reading it again, I read it at least once a year, and despite knowing both the book and film like the back of my hand, it still grips me and only ever takes me a couple of sittings to finish.

Incidently, I found out the other day that Blatty added some extra stuff to the latest version, so it might be time to retire my 25 year old copy (bought for 95p in 1991) and get the new one
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!