Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 31st January 2016, 03:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

On the Buses (1971)

Hammer films go double entendre crazy in this risque piece of comedy gold.

Like the old saucy seaside postcards On the Buses is a bit of a national treasure. The naughty antics of driver Stan and conductor Jack and their run ins with 'jobsworth' Hitler lookalike, inspector Blakey (Surely the next alias for a certain Cult Labber don't you think) are a laugh a minute series of sniggers and titters. Politically correct, certainly not, funny? Oh yes!

The plot about the bus depot taking on some new female employees and in turn minimizing the lads overtime is almost superfluous to the running gags and smutty mad cap antics. The subplot of Jack nipping off for noon nookie with voluptuous Andrea Lawrence was a personal highlight, i really can't blame him.

Special mention must go to the ultra sarcastic Michael Robbins, the husband of the hapless Olive. His put downs are priceless.

Although i've always mocked Ron in all of his guises for liking On the Buses, it was always in fun as despite having not seen them until now i always suspected they would be right up my street and so far my expectations are sound.

Looking forward to a Mutiny on the Buses next weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3700335365_6f2cb60c25_o.jpg (53.9 KB, 1 views)