View Single Post
Old 8th February 2016, 08:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Nightmare on elm st 2 is a shit sequel to the original but it has the most mental scenes and ****ed up mindset of them all, exploding pet bird anyone.
love the bus scene and like the fact its different.
You're right, it is a shit sequel to an overall shitty franchise

Quote:
Phantasm 3 people seem to like but i thought it was shite at the time.
I don't care for this one much either.

Quote:
Friday 13th - new blood i like because its an interesting mash up, carrie meets jason, it may be a bit pants but at least it's screwing with the formula.im not a big jason fan.
I'm not a big Jason fan either but I thought this was just too silly at trying to stretch an already stale franchise to new realms of the ridiculous. It's also incredibly cheesy and boring (the first two points are kind of forgivable the third not so much!)

Quote:
howling 2 and 3 i like. 2 is worth it for wolfy sexiness and christopher lee looking totally confused, 3 is worth it for the werewolf dancing nuns, and a weird kangaroo wolf birth scene.
I've only seen the first two Howling films and only like the first one. I suppose it doesn't help that Ms. Danning does nothing for me.

Quote:
childs play is always a bit wank in my opinion.although i havent seen curse, which sounds a lot better.
Agreed - not keen on these films either. I checked out the original again last Halloween and was still non-plussed (my thoughts are in the October Horror Marathon thread somewhere).

Quote:
Hellraiser 2 is better than the first.
Almost for me, but not quite

Quote:
Devils rejects is good and has great scenes, but doesn't have the fun element of House.
Agree that 'House' is much more fun (it's the only RZ film so far I actually like). I don't care for Rejects. It's pretty much a larger budget re-tread of the first film disguised as a sequel that's just an excuse to showcase Rob Zombie's terrible script writing skills.

Quote:
frankenstein is better than bride.
Agreed.

Quote:
Texas chainsaw 2, while not technically good, has so many entertaining moments. its worthwhile just to see dennis hopper going mental with holster chainsaws.
Like Dem says, the radio station stuff is passable entertainment but the rest is just unbelievably shite.