View Single Post
Old 13th February 2016, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Cutting Edge 80S

Cutting Edge 80's
The Alternative Sound of the Decade,says the cover under a shiny silver 80's looking turntable,In fact most if not all were chart hits and would be familiar even to the biggest dullard,so there really isn't allot of true 80's alternative tracks in the truest sense.As a connoisseur of the cheap supermarket compilation CD, someone who has bought everything from Halloween hits from ASDA to Ska Anthems from Tesco's, Ive pretty much delved into most music genres,all be it through the medium of the cheap compilation.I do adhere to a criteria,how many cds in the set? how many tracks per cd? and of course how much? Although in fairness I don't think ive bought one for more than £5.Cutting Edge scores pretty well,there is three cd's,with 18 tracks per cd,so 54 tracks altogether,which if you think of in the terms of cash is about 9 pence per track. Like the majority of compilations,there is of course the usual Good, The Bad and The Ugly of music.Luckily there is more good than bad and ugly,some of the good being The Lotus Eaters The first picture of you,Spear of Destiny Liberator,A Flock of Seagulls I ran,Japan Quiet life and a song which although a little bit cheesy is a great toe tapping tune by Wax called Bridge to your Heart,a song I had totally forgot about but instantly remembered when it came on.There's a few interesting choices,The Stranglers Always the Sun and Iggy Pop Loco Mosquito which are not the obvious choices from there 80's output. If you have bought a few of the Ministry Of Sound 1980's compilations box sets then you will have a few of these songs already,but there is some genuine great oddball choices that makes this comp a worth while purchase,I mean who can not love New Musilk's Living by Numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81E2HykrskL._SL1500_.jpg (90.6 KB, 3 views)