View Single Post
Old 21st February 2016, 01:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want to buy them to keep the run going and support British companies, but not having the extras is far from ideal. However, if I really want to listen to the commentaries, I have the Anchor Bay DVD set of the trilogy.
I like to support British companies too (even more so at the moment with the state of physical media - and especially for niche boutique releases), but unfortunately my finances when it comes to home media expenditure are only finite and with a wish list as long as a giant squid's tentacle I can't afford to support lazy-ass releases when there is a comparably priced better alternative on the market.

I'm not one to bother about run/spine numbers myself either (even though I do arrange my Blus by distributor, I arrange alphabetically ignoring the numbers - sacrilege I know!), although for me the slasher collection run was ruined when they decided to include the Children of the Corn sequels. I think if you start buying into a release because it's numbered and part of a collection, then the releases start to own you rather than you owning the releases.

I have them all up to the Children of the Corn Trilogy though and have Scalps on pre-order. I will also be picking up Drive-In Massacre and Prozzie when they fall to £8.99 at the usual haunts.

I'm also very much looking forward to finding out what their latest Italian and Slasher Collection acquisitions are - as long as they're not more Children of the Corn sequels!