View Single Post
Old 1st April 2016, 03:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's real!

*** SURPRISE NEW UK TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT – THE BURNING! ***

You didn’t think we would be THAT cruel did you? UK fans the long wait is FINALLY over... The Burning is coming to Arrow Video!

Pre-order links and more information will be shared in the coming months so do keep checking back for updates!

--------
GATHER AROUND THE CAMPFIRE TO DIE!

1981 was a bumper year for the slasher genre, with films such as My Bloody Valentine, Halloween II and The Funhouse all slicing their way through the box office. But of all the stalk-and-slash films released that year, few remain as gruesomely effective as The Burning.

An ill-judged prank at a summer camp results in a fire that leaves caretaker Cropsy hideously disfigured. Discharged from an intensive care unit after five years, hospital officials warn him not to blame the young campers who put him there. But no sooner is he back on the streets than he’s headed back to camp with a rusty pair of shears in hand, determined to exact his bloody revenge.

One of the more notorious of the “video nasties” to be banned in Britain thanks to its standout gore effects courtesy of FX legend Tom Savini, The Burning is also notable for early performances by Academy Award-winner Holly Hunter and Seinfeld’s Jason Alexander, as well as a standout synth score from Rick Wakeman. Long absent from UK home video shelves, The Burning is finally back to reclaim its status as the ultimate summer camp slasher movie.

**SPECIAL FEATURES TO BE REVEALED**

And if you didn’t already guess, this won’t be released in a limited edition foam burger package. Sorry!