View Single Post
Old 1st May 2016, 02:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
There is a lot of anger/disappointment/resentment on the Alice Cooper forum I'm on about the inclusion of cover songs again

General consensus is he should have left these for the Hollywood Vampires tour, and played some more of his own songs

People are also commenting that the setlist is too reliant on the songs recorded by the ACG, with 13 of the 19 songs performed being pre-1975. As it is, the 'newest' song is 'Feed My Frankenstein', from the 1991 album 'Hey Stoopid', thus missing out anything from (deep breath) The Last Temptation (1994), Brutal Planet (2000), Dragontown (2001), The Eyes of Alice Cooper (2003), Dirty Diamonds (2005), Along Came a Spider (2008) and Welcome 2 My Nightmare (2011)
No wonder. It is a poor set list in my opinion. The one you posted previous was much better.

As you suggest. Why does Alice need to perform cover versions? He has enough songs of his own he could perform.

He's almost the opposite of Iron Maiden who in my opinion play too much new stuff, Alice plays the same old same old constantly. As for tacking Another Brick in the Wall onto Schools Out? Don't get me started on that. It was bad enough on a dvd i have, doesn't need to be like this every bloody tour.