View Single Post
Old 15th June 2016, 11:14 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

New Announcement! PATHS OF GLORY, Stanley Kubrick’s First World War masterpiece starring Kirk Douglas, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on 19 Sept 2016.

A shattering masterpiece by one of the medium’s greatest artists, Stanley Kubrick’s Paths of Glory announced the definitive arrival of a towering figure in cinema.

In the French front lines of World War I, after giving the order for an impossible and disastrous mission to capture a nearby stronghold, the upper ranks move to save face by having three randomly selected soldiers held and tried for cowardice under pain of death. Their leader, Colonel Dax (in a powerhouse performance by Kirk Douglas) a former lawyer in civilian life, handles their defence against overwhelming odds.

A stylistically astonishing, emotionally overwhelming anti-war drama, Paths of Glory is one of the screen’s most brilliant condemnations of the power structures guiding warfare. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present a new Blu-ray edition for the first time in the UK, with a plethora of special features!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High-definition digital presentation
• New video interview with Kubrick scholar Peter Kramer
• New video interview with filmmaker Richard Ayoade
• New audio commentary by film scholar Adrian Martin
• Original theatrical trailer
• English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
• Isolated music & effects track
• PLUS: A booklet featuring the words of Kubrick, and more!

Available to pre-order now from:
Amazon http://po.st/kIaGOc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465989249.637852.jpg