View Single Post
Old 28th July 2016, 09:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Episode 5.02 The Double Kill

Main Cast: Gary Collins (Hugh Briant), James Villiers (Paul), Peter Bowles (Superintendent Lucas), Stuart Wilson (Max Burns), Penelope Horner (Clorissa Briant), John Flanagan (Michael Player), Hilda Fenemore (Mrs Harper), Griffith Davies (Burglar), Michael Stainton (Brent).

A man is a bit too free and easy down the pub talking about the pieces of art his wife has bought, goes home and finds a burglar ransacking the place. Gary Collins as Hugh Briant (the aforementioned blabbermouth) is a little too confident when he tackles him, however. In fact, he has a deal he wants to make. Can he and the burglar trust each other? Of course not! Nasty deeds are done, and Peter Bowles enters the piece as Superintendent Lucas, who has a secret of his own that his Sergeant isn't impressed by.

I dunno whether i'm clever, lucky, jaded, or all three, but I guessed what was happening here right from Lucas's entrance – the 'twist' was a little too telegraphed IMO, although Briant's actions before the 'sting' are suitibly ironic and thus wrap up the episode nicely.

Nothing outstanding in the acting department for me – just a competent Thriller.

2 ½ out of 5.