View Single Post
Old 14th August 2016, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Eddie the Eagle (2016)

The true life tale of British ski jumper Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards and his quest to jump at the 1988 winter Olympics in Calgary.

Taron Egerton seemed, from distant memory, to portray Eddie in a realistic performance even if his looks are a little out but that's to be expected. Although the events in the film are fictionalized from true life it's still faithful in many respects with only the places different. For a small British film it boasts a fine cast. Hugh Jackman is excellent as a washed up former jumper who trains Eddie (His night time ski jump whilst smoking is pure rock n' roll) and there's a charming cameo from Christopher Walken as Jackman's former coach.

I really liked this delightful biopic. Enjoyable from start to finish and whilst not particularly laugh out loud funny i watched it all the way through with a smile on my face.

If you liked the brilliant but slightly sillier Cool Runnings then you'll definitely enjoy this.

100% agree, a feel good film thats highly entertaining even tho like you said not exactly lol momemts but a heartfelt film all the same. More enjoyable than i was expecting. But also was slightly amused how they fitted in mentioning of the Jamacian team from cool runnings because they where both the same year.

Last edited by gag; 14th August 2016 at 11:18 PM.