View Single Post
Old 14th August 2016, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Episode 4.04 Killer with Two Faces

Main Cast: Donna Mills (Patty Heron), Ian Hendry (Spelling), Roddy McMillan (Inspector Fillory), David Lodge (Bradley), Robin Parkinson (Mr Holland)

Another episode I won't go into too much detail with as to do so would be to spoil it. However, its another old chesnut really, albeit done rather well. There is some tension along the way due to the circumstances. Donna Mills is in this one as well as the first episode I watched. Have to say that she looks more fetching here than in One Deadly Owner and her performance is better too.

It was rather nice to go from seeing Ian Hendry in Theater of Blood to seeing him in the lead role here. His performance is pretty good, although I must admit that i'm not his greatest fan. This episode also suffers from that perculiarly 70s disease of wanting us to believe that 50 or 60 something men are irrestible to women half their age. Sorry, i'm not buying Ian Hendry as a lothario!

Nice ending which I think could have been more interesting if they had turned expectation upside down (you'll know what I mean if and when you see it).

Solid, if slightly cliched Thriller.

3 out of 5.